In Texas, you are required by law to have car insurance in order to drive; otherwise, you can face some serious penalties. You need to meet the state’s requirements for coverage to avoid fees.
Minimum Coverage Limits
If you cause a car accident in Texas, state law requires that you pay for any damages or injuries that you inflict. To fulfill this requirement, you need to take out affordable car insurance in Houston, TX in the form of liability coverage. The minimum coverage limits are as follows:
* $30,000 for each person that is injured
* $60,000 for injuries in each incident
* $25,000 for property damage
Other Forms of Protection
Besides liability insurance, you can also obtain other affordable car insurance that is completely optional. This coverage extends to the following types of insurance:
* Collision insurance covers damage to your auto from mishaps with other cars.
* Comprehensive insurance provides financial relief for damages your car receives that result from natural events, such as hail.
* Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage protects you from the damages caused by a motorist driving with no insurance or not enough insurance.
Are You Financing Your Car?
If you finance your car, the leasing company or lender will require that you buy affordable car insurance in the form of collision or comprehensive protection. While this is not a state requirement, you need these coverages if you are making payments on the vehicle.
Showing Proof of Insurance
When you purchase insurance, your insurer will issue an insurance card to give you proof that you have insurance coverage. You need to show this card if you are asked for it by a police authority or if you are involved in an auto accident. You will also need the card when you renew your car’s registration or apply for registration and when you renew your driver’s license or have your auto inspected.
Make Sure You Are Protected
To learn more about your coverage options for car insurance, visit the website today. Make sure you are protected while driving the Texas highways and byways.