"> Why You Need Specific Insurance as a Horse Trainer - Online Insurance Information

Why You Need Specific Insurance as a Horse Trainer

As a horse trainer you need specific horse trainer liability insurance in GA to protect you. A fully-grown horse is powerful and unpredictable. You, as a trainer, can be held responsible for performance and health issues of a horse or horses that may have a value in the millions of dollars. The sad truth is that we live in a litigious society and lawsuits are filed at the drop of a hat and over the most trivial of matters at times.

What Coverage Do You Receive with a Horse Trainer Policy?

If you are not covered specifically as a horse trainer under an insurance policy or policies, the risks to you are enormous. Trainer’s lives have been ruined by a horse’s illness. The types of insurance that you as a trainer should consider are:

  • Liability which can protect you from lawsuits deriving from what are found to be negligent acts. You should consider a policy that covers you for a least $250,000 and up to $1 million per act.
  • Care, Custody, and Control which indemnifies you against the death of a horse who you are training or who is in your care. By working with a qualified equine insurer, you will be able to decide what your limits should be set at.
  • Boarding and Breeding insurance policies are generally based on an overall average of the number of horses you typically board along with a total of your gross monthly receipts.
  • Special event horse policies, which are usually written to cover you for clinics or rides you may hold, or shows or camps, and any other out of the ordinary equine dedicated events.

Harbin Equine and Farm Agency is Georgia’s premier equestrian insurer and their agents love the horse world as much, if not more, then you do. That is why that their aim is not only to protect you, but to see that the best interests of your horse are met as well.